Thursday, April 7, 2011

Beta Review

This Tuesday was my Beta Review. I did a lot of work to meet my beta milestone and composed a video of my progress so far:


Since there is no audio I'll give a quick breakdown:
  1. The video starts with the calibration phase of the application.
  2. Once calibration is complete the application changes to full screen.
  3. The green spheres represent where my hands are in the game space.
I fully integrated head and hand tracking into the simulation, and began work on making input work the way that I want it to. As shown in the video, the user can pick-up the cubes, but currently they cannot put them down. I also don't like the mapping of real world space to game space that currently exists as I think the user has to reach to far to grab objects.

Improving user interaction with the objects and game space is my primary goal for next week. After that I'll be working to add more objects into the game and possibly a simple physics system (gravity and stacking) if there is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment