Thursday, April 14, 2011

Refining the Input

I spent my time this week polishing the way the player interacts with the environment. I spent a lot of time working on mapping the real world into the game work in a way such that the user does not need to swing their arms around in order to reach the outer edges of the game space.

I've also been working on reducing some of the noise in the data which causes the objects to vibrate even when the player is holding their head stationary (this can be seen in last weeks video). So far, I've been able to slightly reduce the noise, but the objects still move a little bit when the player is stationary.

Finally, I added some more simple objects to the game this week. Specifically I added a platform object, which will form the basis for building structures once the simple physics system is implemented.

By next week I'm hoping to have further improved the processing of the data from the Kinect as well as implementing a very simple gravity system, such that objects will fall in the space unless they hit another object. Platforms will be immune to the forces of gravity which will allow the user to establish a ground plane (or planes) as they see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment