Thursday, March 3, 2011

Alpha Review

This past Friday was our Alpha Review. For the review I compiled a 4 minute video which outlined my project, examined my approach, and displayed the results I have so far. The video is embedded below, but it does not have any audio as I narrated it in person.



I didn't say too much that hasn't already been said on my blog, but the last segment in which I show some of my initial results with the Kinect is notable. I've got simple head-tracking working, and I'm using it to render a rotating cube in 3D. I recorded that segment of the video using my cellphone held in front of my face (hence the rather poor video quality).

My application framework is fully setup. The next step will be adding the OpenNI libraries, and using them to process the data from the Kinect instead of the simple face recognition library that I used to demo head tracking for my alpha review.

This coming week is spring break (yay!) so my next update won't be for two weeks. By that point I'll hopefully have OpenNI fully integrated and tracking the user's head and hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment